COVID-19: Health & Safety Updates
The Columbus Museum Closed Until April 24, 2020; Launches Online Content
[UPDATED MARCH 27, 2020]
The Columbus Museum has made the difficult decision to temporarily close to the public in light of information about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic but is excited to announce more online offerings to engage our visitors.
The Museum's top priorities are the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, visitors, volunteers, and special guests. Following the guidance of the Muscogee County School District (MCSD), we have elected to shutter all public programs. The Museum is scheduled to reopen after April 24, 2020. During the time of closure, only essential staff will have access to the building. The Museum will undergo a thorough cleaning of all areas, including the Transformations interactive family gallery and frequently-touched areas such as handrails, doorknobs, faucets, elevators, etc.
We appreciate your ongoing support and understanding as we do our part to minimize public risk. Please email any concerns or questions to email@example.com.
To see a list of affected programs that have either been canceled or postponed, see below.
Postponed Programs & Events
- March 19 - Annual fundraiser Farm to Table(aux): Women Making History - rescheduled for Sept. 17, 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- March 26 - And So She Did Roundtable will be rescheduled; details will be released as they become available
- March 29 - Girl Scout Brownie Badge Day will be rescheduled; please email email@example.com for more information
- April 18 - Spring Market has been moved to June 6; glassblowing classes have been rescheduled for June 5-7
Canceled Programs & Events
- March 16 - Access for the Arts*
- March 21 - ARTiculate*
- March 21 - Mini Makers: Splatter Prints
- March 22 - Pop-Up! Art*
- March 24 - Mini Makers: Splatter Prints
- March 31 - Open Studio: Metal Tooling
- April 1 - Parent & Child Workshop
- April 2 - Open Studio: Abstract String Art
- April 2 - History 101: And So She Did
- April 4 - Artful Babies
- April 7 - Artful Babies
- April 11 - Open Studio: Eruption Prints
- April 11 - Yoga at the Museum
- April 11 - Parent & Child Workshop
- April 16 - Breaking the Silence Documentary Screening
- April 18 - Mini Makers: Terrific Textures
- April 20 - Access for the Arts*
- April 21 - Mini Makers: Terrific Textures
*Events occur monthly and will be held in the following month